Performance Analysis Engineering Intern, ARM
Adding ARM support to an open-source static analysis framework.
Runner up in the ARM Global Intern Innovation Challenge with an activity for the micro:bit.
Computer Science Society Webmaster, University of Bristol
Re-architected the existing website to use Jekyll and GitHub Pages.
Student Laptop and Mobile Clinic Technician, University of Bristol
Part-time. I fix a wide range of problems for undergraduate and postgraduate students, who use all sorts of devices and software stacks.
Intern Developer, JUST EAT
I worked as a C#/.NET developer for International Engineering. I spent a few weeks researching possible integration of Amazon Machine Learning into the JUST EAT platform, after which I joined in with day-to-day sprint work. My colleague and I won one category of the JUST EAT Hackathon after writing a new API endpoint and building a Pebble app (using PebbleJS) to display stats from it.
Computer Science MEng, University of Bristol
- Theory of Computation (automata, grammars)
- Introduction to Computer Architecture (digital electronics, ISAs/CPU design, compilers)
- Mathematical Methods for Computer Scientists (logic, modular arithmetic, probability, calculus)
- Origins of Computer Science
- Concurrent Computing (CSP, XC, operating systems, networking)
- Software Product Engineering (built a compiler for the occam language and Transputer)
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Symbols, Patterns and Signals (statistics, machine learning)
- Language Engineering (compilers, axiomatic/denotational/operational semantics)
- French (written project comparing OCaml and Eiffel)
Currently studying operating systems, compilers, machine learning/statistics and French.
Attempted to build a pinball table for the BEEES ARM Hackathon. I wrote most of the embedded software (Python on RPi, C++ on mbed).
Entered Nicolas Cagefighter into the second BEEES Robot Wars competition.
Built a responsive webapp using Google App Engine for the 2015 Mubaloo appathon.
Built and presented a vision for bitcoin-mining funded websites as part of the Origins of Computer Science unit.
Built an antweight robot for the first Bristol University Robot Wars.
MI Analyst, Lloyds Banking Group
Built and improved systems for MI storage and reporting. Designed several Microsoft Access databases, used by over a hundred people. Created InfoPath forms to collect data. Built reporting tools using (T-)SQL/ODBC/SQL Server/Access/Excel/VBA. Wrote software to quickly analyse thousands of files and folders on network shares. Ran a physical library hosting over a thousand files. Implemented an ETL pipeline as part of an effort to improve regulatory reporting.
Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
Student, Bishop's Stortford College
- 3 A* (Maths, Further Maths, Physics)
- 1 A (Chemistry)
- 5 A (Chemistry, History, Maths, Further Maths, Physics)
- 11 A*